MyDoc Women's Health Specialists
OB/GYNs & Women's Health located in Boca Raton, FL & Boynton Beach, FL
You can’t stop menopause, but you may be able to manage the symptoms caused by the changes in your hormones, such as hot flashes and night sweats, with hormone replacement therapy. The all-female team of women’s health experts at MyDoc Women’s Health Specialist, with offices in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach, Florida, want nothing more than for you to get relief from your menopause symptoms to restore your quality of life. If you want to know more about hormone replacement therapy, call the office, or book an appointment online today.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Q & A
What is hormone replacement therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy is a medical treatment used to help manage symptoms caused by menopause, which is the stage of your life when you stop having your periods and can no longer have children.
- Common symptoms of menopause include:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Irritability and sleeplessness
- Weight gain
- Vaginal dryness or pain
- Lack of interest in sex
These symptoms may begin during the transitional period before you stop menstruating, referred to as perimenopause, as your hormones start to fluctuate.
What are the types of hormone replacement therapy?
There are two primary types of hormone replacement options, including systemic hormone replacement and low-dose vaginal products.
- Systemic hormone replacement: These types of hormone replacement options, which are available as estrogen alone or estrogen with progestin, are the most effective at relieving menopausal symptoms. They come in a variety of forms, including pills, patches, gels, creams, and sprays.
- Low-dose vaginal products: These hormone replacement options include vaginal creams and rings that provide a small dose of estrogen. These types of hormone replacements help relieve vaginal symptoms such as dryness and pain, but may not be as useful for hot flashes and night sweats.
The women’s health experts at MyDoc Women’s Health Specialists work one-on-one with you to determine the best treatment to help manage your symptoms.
What are the benefits of hormone replacement therapy?
In addition to relieving your menopausal symptoms, including night sweats, vaginal dryness, and hot flashes, hormone replacement therapy also offers health benefits, such as:
- Improved bone health
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Reduced risk of colon cancer
Is hormone replacement therapy safe?
Hormone replacement therapy is safe. The women’s health experts at MyDoc Women's Health Specialists recommend you take the lowest dose possible for the shortest period to reduce any risk, while still benefiting from symptom relief.
You may not be a good candidate for hormone replacement therapy if you have a history of gynecologic or breast cancer, stroke, or liver disease.
If hormone replacement therapy isn’t right for you, the team can discuss alternative treatments to help manage your menopausal symptoms.
To learn more about hormone replacement therapy, call the office, or book an appointment online today.
Abnormal Uterine Bleedingmore info
Adolescent Caremore info
Birth Controlmore info
Pelvic Floor Therapymore info
Endometrial Ablationmore info
STD Testingmore info
Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Vaginal Dischargemore info
Vaginal Drynessmore info
Vaginal Rejuvenationmore info